Defender Essential Oil Blend
Elegant Rose Boutique
The recipe for this blend of oils is believed to have originated from thieves during the 15th century. According to popular theory, the concoction was created by a group of four thieves and grave robbers to protect themselves from contracting the plague while robbing the bodies of the gravely ill and deceased. When apprehended, the thieves admitted to using the oils and disclosed the formula in order to receive a less severe punishment for their crimes.
We don’t know whether or not this story is true, but the essential oils are antiseptic, antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-infectious. They will stimulate the immune system, circulation and respiratory system, and help protect against the flu, colds, bronchitis, pneumonia, sore throats, cuts, and more. Modern testing has also proven the effectiveness of this blend and studies have found it to have a high kill rate against airborne bacteria.
There are many ways that you can use the blend, here are some of the most common applications:
- To sanitize and purify the air in your home or workplace, place 2-3 drops of the essential oil blend in a diffuser, nebulizer, or in a pot of simmering water on the stove. Diffuse for approximately 20-30 minutes. This is especially beneficial if someone in your home or workplace is sick.
- Make an antibacterial all-purpose spray for cleaning and disinfecting your home or workplace. This is perfect for office spaces and shared areas! Fill a spray bottle with water and add 1 drop of the essential oil blend for each ounce of water. Spray on countertops, desks, and on other surfaces. Make sure to shake before using as the oil and water will naturally separate.
- Use the above combination (1 drop of essential oil blend to each ounce of water in a spray bottle) on insect bites, poison oak, and poison ivy rashes. It reduces inflammation, pain, itching, and irritation.
- Mix 1 drop of the essential oil blend with 4 oz organic Jojoba or Olive oil. Use as a massage oil for sore muscles, the lower back, neck, and feet. It can also be dabbed on skin throughout the day for general cold and flu prevention and immune support.
- When congested, mix 1 drop of the essential oil blend with 4 oz organic Jojoba or Olive oil, and rub under the nose or on the chest. Or, place 1-2 drops in a bowl of hot, steaming water and inhale the vapors under a towel to relieve congestion.
Due to the cinnamon and clove in the recipe, one must be cautious--it may cause irritation if improperly used. Fair skinned, blue-eyed individuals, redheads and those who tend to sunburn easily need to heed and dilute Defender in a carrier oil (such as almond ) before applying to the skin. I have used 1-2 drops of Defender on the bottom of my feet and also at the nape of the neck. Other places could be under the arms,and on the chest.
I do not suggest using this in a bath or in a sauna! Diffuse for only short periods of time--20 minutes or less at work or at home.
What my customers have to say -
I am tremendously pleased!! What a wonderful scent!!...& yes, I put it on the soles of my feet